HCG Diet FAQ’s
Wixom, Michigan HCG Diet Doctor, Robert Grafton, M.D. will answer any additional questions the patient has in regards to the HCG Diet. Below are some of the most common frequently asked questions.
- Who invented the HCG diet?
Dr. A.T.W. Simeons invented the HCG diet after extensive research and experience with obese and overweight patients. While he was travelling though India, Dr. Simeons noticed that malnourished women were giving birth to healthy, full-weight babies, and he set out to identify the bodily function that was making this possible. In his studies, Dr. Simeons found that the HCG hormone was responsible for allowing the fetus to get a healthy amount of nutrients each day, regardless of the amount of nutrients the mother was able to take in on her own. Dr. Simeons then developed a medical weight loss plan which incorporated HCG supplementation with a low-calorie diet, prompting dramatic weight loss results in both male and female patients.
- How long has the HCG diet been around?
After Dr. Simeons first discovered the effects of the HCG hormone in the 1950’s, he began using a combination of a low-calorie diet and daily HCG supplementation in the very first HCG diet plans on overweight patients. After 60 years physicians on the cutting edge of medicine are still using HCG diet plans to help patients achieve their weight loss goals.
- How can HCG be administered on an HCG diet?
The HCG hormone can be administered in many different forms. Ask your doctor what forms of HCG he or she offers and choose the one that is right for you. Typical forms of HCG offered today are sublingual drops, sublingual pellets, and injections.
- Are HCG injections painful?
- HCG injections are no more painful than the slight pinch felt when receiving a shot or having blood drawn. There is no lingering pain or soreness around the injection area as experienced when getting immunizations or medicinal injections from your doctor. There are a few things you can do to reduce the slight pain associated with an HCG injection such as icing the injection site for a few minutes prior to and after the injection, and making sure the injection formula is room temperature or at before injecting it.
- How much weight can I lose on the HCG diet and how fast?
- Dieters participating in an HCG diet as part of a physician supervised medical weight loss plan can lose up to 30 pounds in just one course of the HCG diet. Everyone’s body is different, and everyone has unique weight loss goals. Consult your HCG diet specialist to learn more about what your weight loss goal with an HCG diet plan should look like.
- Who is a good candidate for the HCG diet plan?
Patients with a BMI at or above 20%, patients with 15 to 20 pounds of body fat to lose, and those diagnosed with clinical obesity may all be good candidates for an HCG diet plan. The HCG diet is a high-performing medical weight loss plan and should be undertaken only with the consent and supervision of a medical weight loss professional. Talk to your doctor today to find out more about if a medical weight loss plan consisting of an HCG diet is right for you.
- How can women benefit from an HCG diet?
The HCG diet offers numerous benefits, which include rapid weight loss, reduced appetite, reset metabolism, relearned eating habits, and the prevention of obesity related health conditions. Women can benefit from the HCG diet as it helps them to regulate levels of estrogen. Body fat contains estrogen, and when body fat is lost, estrogen levels can also begin to decline. This is beneficial as it can help a woman’s body regulate and maintain a proper hormonal balance without the influence of excess body fat and stored estrogen causing undesirable side effects.
- How can men benefit from an HCG diet?
Men can also obtain a wide number of benefits from an HCG diet plan. Men’s bodies also store estrogen in body fat, which can suppress testosterone levels and reduce the ability to build muscle. When men lose significant amounts of weight, change their eating habits and participate in regular physical activity, they can improve the effectiveness of their metabolism and also help stimulate testosterone production.
- How will I keep off the weight after completing an HCG diet plan?
Most patients are able to keep the weight off after finishing an HCG diet as the HCG hormone has helped their metabolism target body fat. Instead of losing muscle mass or water weight which is common on some low-calorie diet plans, patients on an HCG diet plan experience high percentages of body fat loss. Most patients have also learned healthier eating habits as well as developed some type of regular regimen for physical activity. After losing significant weight on an HCG diet plan, patients that continue to make healthy food choices and stay active are able to keep the weight off without issue.
- How can an HCG diet plan improve my overall wellness and health?
The HCG diet plan can help to improve wellness and health by resetting the body’s metabolism and reducing the amount of body fat overall. Healthy eating habits and encouragement to stay active after completing an HCG diet also can have a lasting impact on the patient’s overall wellness and health. Losing weight is the first step to achieving optimal wellness, and can be all the inspiration most people need to taking further action toward their own wellness goals.
- Will I be hungry while on an HCG diet plan?
- Most patients participating in an HCG diet plan do not report the same feelings of hunger experienced when participating in more traditional low-calorie diets. The HCG hormone’s interactions with the metabolism allows the body to break down fat stores to supplement the very low daily caloric intake prescribed as part of an HCG diet plan. This metabolic process keeps the body sustained with the nutrients and calories it needs, and also helps to suppress appetite and food cravings altogether.
Do not hesitate to reach out to Dr. Grafton in Wixom Michigan, of the Detroit Metropolitan Area, if you have any additional questions regarding the HCG Diet!